With Velasquez vs. Dos Santos moved to the very first Fox fight card, UFC 139 needed a new main event. This void was filled with Cung Le vs. Vitor Belfort one of the best matchups between two elite level strikers in a long time. Everyone already knows that Vitor is a top level middleweight with lethal hands and recently watched him knockout Yoshihiro Akiama in the first round. However some people may not be so familiar with his future opponent Cung Le as he has never fought in the UFC. Let me introduce him, he has a record of 7-1 in MMA with 7 KO/TKO wins, his professional kickboxing record is 17-0 with 12 knockouts and is also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Now that you guys are acquainted you will better understand how awesome of a matchup this can be. Vitor belforts lightning fast hands versus Cung Le's brutal pinpoint kicks. I'm extremely excited for this matchup and I'm even more interested to see just how good Cung Le is against a top five middleweight. I think on paper he has the tools it takes to put on a dominant performance against Belfort and dare I say it put the middleweight King in jeopardy. What do you guys think, will Cung Le be a knew contender in the UFC or will he just become a brutal addition to Vitor Belforts hilight reel?
No comments:
Post a Comment