Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Josh "looking past Hughes" Koscheck



According to his blog post on www.sportsnet.ca Josh Koscheck thinks he has an easy matchup with Matt Hughes at UFC 135 and purposefully tried to goad him into the match based on that fact. "I'll tell you exactly why I went out there on Twitter to try to force Matt Hughes into a corner and accept this fight with me at UFC 135 next Saturday. Here's what is up Matt Hughes used to be one of the best. Used to be. Right now he's nowhere near even one of the best in the world. Where is he ranked? Probably not in a lot people's top 10." Matt Hughes is a tough fighter and will fight whoever the UFC puts in front of him so off course he accepted the bout. I'm not surprised by Koschecks thinking on getting Hughes to fight him, I am surprised that he admitted to purposefully picking what he considers an easy fight. He goes on to say "I got lucky to get Hughes, a guy who cannot beat my style and he knows it. He can't strike with me and he can't use his wrestling against me like he could some of the guys he's been beating." I thought top fighters wanted to challenge themselves against the best in the world, not pad there resumes with past their prime hall of famers. I give Hughes major props for taken the tough fight and challenging himself against a top ten welterweight and even though I doubt he'll win I hope he embarrasses Josh Koscheck come fight night. What do you guys think is this classic Koscheck or did GSP just take all the fight out of him?

No comments:

Post a Comment